Friday, January 8, 2010

I wish I could use Cisco's SDM...

Cisco's Security Device Manager (SDM) is a web based front end for a cisco router. Most things you want to do from the CLI can be done from the SDM, which, being a GUI, is very intuitive. The SDM functions on routers running IOS 12.4 and above.

Cisco Routers for the Desperate: Router and Switch Management, the Easy WaySome of you are thinking... I have a Cisco Simulator but it only emulates the CLI - I want to see this SDM interface I've heard about, but I can't! Good news! You can download a free version of the SDM and even a demo "router" to see what the interface is like.


http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/sdm is the link to download the SDM (requires JAVA, will automatically download when needed)

http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/sdm-tool-demo If you aren't lucky enough to have a router running 12.4, you can use this demo to play with the SDM.

A couple of things to remember:
1. Disable pop-up blockers
2. Allow active content to run in files on my computer. (advanced settings in IE)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for providing comments. Please... no advertising your amazing products on my blog. Thank You.